MS in Information Management
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Expected Graduation: May 2020
Coursework: Distributed System, Advanced Data Visualization, Statistical Learning
BS in Agricultural Chemistry
National Taiwan University
Santa Clara, CA
Jun 2019 - Aug 2019
- Established an end-to-end streaming data pipeline from data sources to dashboards by DynamoDB, Spark Structured Streaming, S3 and Django. Deployed it on EC2 using Jenkins.
- Built a real-time dashboard using D3.js, auto-refreshed every second.
Data Analyst/Information Designer
Aug 2017 - Aug 2018
- Developed MongoDB and Python scripts to identify key metrics and potential paid customers for 8 Interactive, a chat bot startup in Taiwan, which improved trial-to-paid conversions by 35%.
- Built performance monitor dashboards on Redash for 8 Interactive.
- Conducted trend analysis and regression for Cathay Financial Holdings on sustainable energy and inclusion issues, and converted them into infographics for the corporate social responsibility report.
Feb 2018 - Jul 2018
- Instructed a data visualization and journalism course at NCCU, a top-5 university in Taiwan.
- Assisted as mentor in a four-day internal data science in R camp in BenQ.
Taiwan Star Telecom
Sep 2016 - Jul 2017
- Developed the database schema and SQL script-based ETL process on Oracle and GreenPlum for daily KPI report on SAP Business Object, which saved 28 labor-hour everyday from manual works.
- Optimized SQL scripts, which shortened some scripts runtime from hours to seconds.
MIT Media Lab
Feb 2016 - Jul 2016
- Led a team of 3 undergraduate students to analyze civic data through statistics and machine learning methods from data collection to interactive visualization.
- Scraped 400k records reviews, posts, and photos from social media using Python. Obtained descriptive statistics in R to see the whole picture, text mining, and computer vision using NumPy, Pandas, NLTK, TensorFlow to better understand topics of interest.
- Processed call detail record data of 200 GB via Shell Script and Python and visualized as minute-scale movement on map in D3.js.
Project Manager & Data Analyst
Nov 2014 - Jan 2016
- Led data and engineering teams to understand clients’ needs, analyzed their data, and established an analysis procedure/system for clients. Won the startup’s first paid customer.
- Built an automatic system to collect real-time tweets and pipe to database via FluentD for demo.
- Identified and categorized customers by transactions, user-data, and web logs to target consumers for a E-commerce client using R, Python, and BigObject (an analytic database).
Jan 2013 - May 2014
- Marketed Sonicare products to targeted clinics, and improved sales by 20% in 2013 yoy.
The first data journalism & visualization community in Taiwan
Sep 2016 -
A Economics popularization blog
Taiwan R User Group
Talks & Events
- May 2014 Study Group: Machine Learning for Hackers, R Ladies Taipei
- Oct 2016 Coordinator, Data Visualization Afternoon Tea by Cicadata
- Dec 2016 Talk: Data Journalism 101, Taiwan R User Group
- Dec 2016 Coordinator & Speaker, Data Visualization - GIS workshop by Cicadata
- Dec 2016 Tech Mentor, Facebook #SheMeansBusiness Workshop Taiwan
- Mar 2017 Coordinator & Mentor, Data Visualization - ggplot2 Workshop by Cicadata
- May 2017 Talk: Data Journalism & Visualization, R Ladies Taipei
- Aug 2017 Coordinator, Women & Data Science Joint Meetup by R Ladies Taipei, PyLadies Taipei & Girls in Tech
- Sep 2017 Talk: Exploratory Data Analysis & Prototyping in PowerBI, R Ladies Taipei
- Jan 2018 Talk: ggplot2 Basic, Taiwan R User Group
- Jan 2018 Coordinator & Mentor, Tableau Day, R Ladies Taipei
- Mar 2018 Panelist, Women in Data Science Conference Taipei 2018
- Aug 2018 Mentor, Kaggle Competition, R Ladies Taipei
- May 2019 Organizer, Visualization Workshop, NATSA Annual Conference
- Jun 2019 Moderator, Women in Silicon Valley, Cafe Philio @ Bay Area